Skip to main content

Will says goodbye to Obélix and I


It was wonderful to have Will along for the first few days of Startical 2.0 given all the adventure time we shared together during Startical 1.0, and now it was time for him to continue his travels.

As he was departing, I thanked Will for his visit as it provided a rare occasion for me to discuss wellness and philosophy and share experiences (especially culinary) in depth for more than just a fleeting moment.  I realise that most of my time is spent with my startup colleagues or working in isolation.  In my twenties, it was relatively easy and common to spend a week with friends-outside-of-work, but as we've all grown older (and more responsible?) it seems increasingly rare to do this.  It's easy to find an excuse when you have a career and/or kids.

This reinforces for me the importance of making time for visits like these, or adventures like the one I shared last year with Will: Montreal to Chicago by rail via Vancouver and Seattle. (Photos | The Canadian | The Empire Builder).  I look forward to the next one, and will definitely put in the effort to make it happen!

Popular posts from this blog

E-mail Autoresponder

Here's my e-mail autoresponder message similar to the one in Startical 1.0 .  Curious to see if it garners interesting responses like the ones received during Startical 1.0: "I would love to do the same … !" "C'est une bonne décision. L'esprit est aussi important que le reste et j'espère que ce Startical te permettra de recharger les batteries comme tu le souhaites."  "It’s what we all wish we could do!"  "Take a good rest Jeff, you deserve it" "Awesome auto reply"   

Borscht

Uncle day!

Thrifting with niece, new office.