Skip to main content

Office painting continued


There was fugly wallpaper on BOTH of those walls... ...the last to (soon) be painted white.

Only just today realised that our new office, which is on the corner of Sherbrooke and Parc streets (Parc is French for Park) could cheekily be called PARC.  XEROX PARC (Palo Alto Research Center) is effectively the birthplace of much of the core technologies we continue to use today (tablet computers, graphical user interfaces, mice, object-oriented programming...).  See this reelyActive blog post.  I've been calling the office Sharc to date, but PARC is not only awesome, but also fitting since the intent is to use it as a living lab and showcase of all the emerging tech we have developed and continue to develop.

It may seem silly, but this is the highlight of my day and unbelievably motivating!

Popular posts from this blog

E-mail Autoresponder

Here's my e-mail autoresponder message similar to the one in Startical 1.0 .  Curious to see if it garners interesting responses like the ones received during Startical 1.0: "I would love to do the same … !" "C'est une bonne décision. L'esprit est aussi important que le reste et j'espère que ce Startical te permettra de recharger les batteries comme tu le souhaites."  "It’s what we all wish we could do!"  "Take a good rest Jeff, you deserve it" "Awesome auto reply"   

Borscht

Sniffles

Of course I pushed too hard and paid the price of feeling that scratchiness in my nose by mid-morning.  At best I was gonna carry a mild cold through the holidays.  At worst I'd be a write-off for an entire week (which happened to me right after Christmas in 2015). It's not difficult to realise that I pushed too hard.  Despite being on Startical with its explicit guidelines , there was just way too much to get done before the holidays.  Even my Startical posts for nearly the past week have been placeholders to fill in later.  And now that's caught up to me and I'm starting sniffles. The challenge now is striking the optimal balance between preventative care and completing my commitments before Christmas: sending out personalised Owl-iday e-mails including the Owl-iday Special I had worked so hard to create.  I think I'll err on the side of preventative care as I really don't want to wrap up Startical feeling sick and useless...